To encourage members to intensify their “Andrew Initiative” efforts towards the final 30 days so as to bring some to the event. Mondays and Tuesdays are focused on Praying for the 5 names; Wednesdays and Thursdays are focused on Engaging; and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are a time for Gathering with your pre-believing friends. Follow the sample in the calendars on the next page.
(a) 30 days or more to build a habit
(b) Habits of Praying, Engaging, Gathering (Inviting) oikos
(a) Soften the resistance with our prayers
(b) Prayer saturated engagement (from felt needs to real needs)
i.e. partnering with the Holy Spirit
3. Glorifying God and Building interest
(a) Leveraging videos and testimonies to create interest
(b) Glorifying God through these videos and testimonies
To sustain the challenge, it will be good to encourage the church to go on a campaign mode.
There are many wonderful articles on this subject. Below are tips adapted from https://pastors.com/successful-campaign/
1. What’s the Compelling Question?
• What is the purpose of the campaign? The 30-Day Challenge is to encourage all of us to level up in our evangelistic effort.
• Give the congregation a central theme/reason for the campaign.
2. Align Children, Student, and Adult Ministries
• Involve everybody in the church. This will ensure the same discussion will flow into the homes.
3. Stick to the Principles and Apply Your Own Methodologies
• Need to adapt the material and language to the various segments of the church.
4. Language Matters
• Use words that promote the campaign and not words that hinder or frighten the members.
5. Employ Various Avenues of Learning.
• Widen the engagement via weekend services, cell groups, projects, program, social media, etc.
• Give time, before the campaign, for dialogue to create buy-ins
6. Provide a clear start and end date.
• 30 Days!• Allow people to know the end in sight which is the Celebration of Hope(17-19 May)
7. Expect High Intensity for Staff, Volunteers, and Members.
• Need to sustain by encouragement and motivation through all avenues.
• Need to back off after campaign for them to recover, reflect and re-align.
• Clear calendar to allow focus for the campaign.
8. Remember to Celebrate!
• Take time to give thanks to God for all the effort and outcome.
9. Understand the Delivery System—Small Groups
• Need to prepare your cell and the leadership for the campaign.• Need to plan together to achieve together.
• Need to do this before the 30-Day Challenge.
1. Smile, Maintain alertness, Intercede, Look out for Inquirer, Engage Inquirer
2. Orientate the inquirer, introduce yourself and the purpose of the questionnaire:
Welcome to Celebration of Hope 2019!
Hi, My name is ___________________, how may I address you?
Thank you for responding to our invitation! We are so excited about your decision today, and we would like to go through some questions with you, to get to know you a bit better. The whole questionnaire will take less than 3 minutes to complete. By proceeding, you give the organiser the permission to collect your data and contact you subsequently.
3. Assure the inquirer of our commitment to keep safe the information provided:
Your information collected is held with the strictest confidence, and we will not disclose it to any external parties. We will use the information you have provided to connect you with someone and to send you appropriate resources later.
4. Proceed with the answering of the questionnaire: (Rationale inserted for Counsellor’s reference)
Q1: Full Name
(This field is compulsory for us to contact you subsequently.)
Q2: What is your Gender?
(We will usually have someone with the same gender to contact you.)
Q3. What is your Age Group?
(This will help us match you to a community with a similar profile.)
Q4. What is your Mobile Number?
(This field is compulsory for us to contact you subsequently.)\
(We will send you a text message to get in touch with you after the event.)
Q5. What is your Email Address?
(This field is compulsory for us to contact you subsequently.
(We will send you the appropriate information and resources based on your responses given.)
Q6. What is your Decision Made?
(This field is compulsory for us to connect you to the right resources.)
Q7. What is your home postal code?
(This is to help us find a church nearest to where you stay.)
Q8. If you came with a friend, what is the name of your friend who brought you to this event? (We will keep your friend informed of the decision you make today!)
Q9. What is your friend’s contact number?
(This is to help us contact your friend for follow up if applicable.)
Q10. We value your feedback. Please feel free to share with us your comments or prayer requests. We look forward to getting in touch with you soon.
1. *Full Name:
2. Gender: (M/F)
3. Age Group:
(a) 6 years old and below
(b) 7-12 years old
(c) 13-16 years old
(d) 17-25 years old
(e) 26-35 years old
(f) 36-49 years old
(g) 50 years old and above
4. *Mobile Number:
5. Email Address:
6. *Decision Made:
(a) I just prayed to receive Jesus Christ.
(b) I just rededicated my life to Jesus Christ.
(c) I am interested to find out more about Jesus Christ.
(d) I would like to join a Church.
7. *Home Postal Code:
8. *Which rally did you attend?
a. Friday, 17 May (7.30pm English)
b. Saturday, 18 May (10.30am Children & Families) c. Saturday, 18 May (7.30pm Chinese)
d. Saturday, 18 May (7.30pm Tamil)
e. Sunday, 19 May (10.30am Filipino/English)
f. Sunday, 19 May (7.30pm English)
9. *Which is your preferred language?
10. Name of the person who invited you:
11. Contact number of Parent / Guardian:
12. Name of your friend’s church
13. Additional comments / prayer request:
* Denotes compulsory questions
** Item 2, 3 and 6 are mutiple choice questions